Joseph Strickland is “relieved” from governance following a Vatican investigation.
- Pope Francis says migration is a reality in call for action during France visit
The pontiff says people risking their lives at sea "do not invade" during a visit to Marseille.source
- Climate change: Pope Francis warns world 'may be nearing breaking point'
Pope Francis criticises attempts to deny or gloss over the issue in a new intervention.source
- Sylvester Stallone shadow boxes with the Pope
Sylvester Stallone and Pope Francis playfully shadow boxed during a visit to the Vatican by the actor and his family. The Rocky star was received by the pontiff who told him he "grew up with [his] films". Stallone jokingly responded "we box" and threw a few light air jabs, which…
- Pope slams ‘indifference’ towards migrants arriving in Europe by sea
Pope Francis warned against a ‘paralysis of fear’ as European nations shift responsibility for taking care of people arriving by sea.Pope Francis has blasted the “fanaticism of indifference” that greets migrants seeking a better life, as he arrived in France amid a new influx of refugees from Africa reaching the…
- China fires defence minister not seen in public for two months
In July, Foreign Minister Qin Gang was also removed from his position without explanation.China has announced the official removal of defence minister Li Shangfu, who has not been seen in public since late August. State media said President Xi Jinping signed a presidential decree to dismiss 65-year-old Li from his…